Gay marriages

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Garfy

Gay marriages

Post by Garfy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:21 pm

I have discovered some relatives that are in a commited gay relationship. However, I am using Legacy 6 and I connot find a way of entering them in as a link. I have put it in as an event but there is no link when I run the Gedcom or plot it through TreeDraw. I understand I could manually put it in, in TreeDraw, but I would prefer it to happen automatically. Any ideas????

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:11 am

This is really a question for Millennium Support@millenniacorp.com but I would imagine that same-sex relationships are not part of a genealogy.

Graham Hadfield

Post by Graham Hadfield » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:14 pm

I'm sure Nick is right. We have a number of different programs and I can't think of one which caters for same sex marriages.

One way of getting round the problem would be to store details of the partner in the Notes section for the family member concerned. Those notes can then be imported by TreeDraw and, if necessary, re-formatted manually like any other entry in the chart.

Alternatively (or in addition) a complete record could be created for the partner (and any ancestors required) in Legacy (or whatever program is being used) and that could be imported into TreeDraw as a separate chart and dealt with as for any other composite chart.

At least with TreeDraw you will have those options - can't see a program which generates charts totally automatically being able to do it :D

Regards,
Graham