Chart Spacing - Help

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

maciassk

Chart Spacing - Help

Post by maciassk » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:17 pm

Why is all the info in my tree chart printed in a line across the top quarter of the top page? There are 4 generations, all of them are crammed together, the bottom of the page is empty. In fact, there are multiple empty pages at the bottom of my information which I'm continually scrolling through to get to my little bit of info in the top row of pages. It is possible to drag each box, making certain to keep all the contents together, but then it seems to be necessary to redraw all the connecting lines, i.e., from parents to bar above the children. This all seems unnecessarily cumbersome; isn't there some way to easily spread out the boxes on each page? Making the font larger just added to the mess--boxes overlapping, boxes off the top of the screen. What am I missing here? Any help appreciated. :shock:

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:31 pm

The layout of the chart is based on the import font size. Please use "Options | Preferences | Import graphics" to increase the font sizes before you import the tree.

maciassk

Post by maciassk » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:35 pm

Changed the font size from 6 to 10 but the first couple in the chart takes up the entire right side of the first page (for just birth and death dates and places!!) and they're both in one long, narrow box and I am not finding place to specify that they should be in separate boxes nor to change the shape of that box. Is there a manual for this program?

:? Also, I didn't get notified when the earlier reply was posted even though I'd checked the box "Notify me . . .."

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:04 am

Try "Options | Preferences | Import graphics | Word wrapping". Turn on the word wrapping and specify a smaller text width.

Both spouses appear in one block - that is intentional.

The manual for the program is the help file. The contents of the help file are reproduced in the file TreeDraw.txt

I'm not sure why you didn't receive a reply notification - it is certainly working - possibly the email was lost en route or spammed out.