Image invalid file formats

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Stephen Rowe

Image invalid file formats

Post by Stephen Rowe » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:03 am

Using TreeDraw Legacy Edition v3.30, there are some images which, when imported, generate an 'invalid file format error'. However, there is no indication which file is causing this problem without having to go through and remove images from the original Legacy file one by one (with over 2,000 images in total throughout the data file this is impossible to do realistically).

Also, when printing, sometimes this error will come up and the tree will literally stop printing at the point the error came up (this isn't necessarily the page with the image on either). Similarly when attempting to export the tree as a PDF (for example I have one set up as a 15 page wide by 3 page deep tree - the PDF prints the first two rows (minus blank pages - which is another issue) but stops creating the PDF of the entire 3rd row - however, there is no image in the third row until page 5 (the first four contain basic text/lines only).

So - how can I easily determine which image is causing the problem? and is there any reason the program can't tell me which image is causing this problem?

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:58 am

What image file formats are you using?

TreeDraw only accepts JPEG, BMP and PNG formats.