horizontally tidy trees - a suggestion

The old version of our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

pamdavies

horizontally tidy trees - a suggestion

Post by pamdavies » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:46 pm

In an Ascendant or Descendant tree, the generations get out of line with each other because various fields are sometimes missing - or, in the case of Ascendants, because the marriage date appears as part of the male's record.

It would be great to have an option which would add blank lines where needed to make all the people in a given generation appear lined up on the same horizontal level. I know I could do all sorts of things in TreeDraw, but the quick and simple output from K&Kpro is very useful for showing to family etc, and would be even better if we could keep the generations neatly lined up!

So that's another suggestion for a small enhancement for the next edition of the programme. Any thoughts, Nick?

Cheers

Pam

Richard Johnston

Post by Richard Johnston » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:26 am

Hi Pam,

This sounds like my timeline grid I suggested a couple of suggestions back...can you look at that post and let me know if we are talking about roughly the same thing..I don't use treedraw so maybe I'm missing something ...I am waiting for Nick to give some feedback on that previous suggested idea as well
thanks

Richard :D