Birthdate not appearing in family record

The old version of our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

pamdavies

Birthdate not appearing in family record

Post by pamdavies » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:01 pm

A woman in my tree has her date and place of birth entered in her "Person" record. But they do not appear alongside her name when she appears as "Mother" in the family record (while "Father"'s birth info is shown).

If I do a "Select person", this woman's date and place of birth show OK, complete with the day "Saturday" (which I'd prefer to suppress as it clutters).

What do I need to do to un-suppress her date and place of birth from the "Family" display?

(I've just got back to the family history after a long time, following an email from a cousin. I had a splendidly productive session with "Scotland's People", so am now inputting lots of wonderful 1851 census and death registration info - hence the sudden revival of interest in K&K, registering with the forum, and sending 3 messages in quick succession!)

Pam

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:37 pm

Please use "Options | Preferences | Dates" to choose the output date format you really want (without the day of the week). This will prompt you to refresh all the date descriptions which will solve the problem of the missing date.

pamdavies

Post by pamdavies » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:50 pm

Thanks, Nick - that's all sorted now.

Pam