printing the whole tree

The old version of our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Richard Johnston

printing the whole tree

Post by Richard Johnston » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi Nick,

Just wondering if you have a suggestion about how to print out all the info on kith and kin in a book format. I know that would be problematic as i have some ancestors of people in the tree that are off the usual ancestors/decendants tree line of the main persons.

What I would like is if Kith and Kin could some how print all the treees and the data together in some kind of readable fashion or present it in a format that is able to add to the printed book format as data is added.

is this possible or have I overlooked a feature I'm unaware of

My current tree has abt 2500 people, I have all the information in binders, but would love to be able to print out a concise back-up to these originals without missing the side "branches" of the tree as well

thanks

Richard

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:20 am

If you're looking to get a printout of every scrap of data held in a K&KPro database then the report you want is "Family Details".

This report can easily be used in a loose-leaf system since the "F" codes always stay the same and when you make changes in the database you can simply reprint the pages which are affected.

The "Tools | Records modified" feature can help here too. When you first print off the entire database use the "Unflag" button to clear all the modification flags in the database. The next time you need to print off replacement pages "Records modified" will tell you what data has changed since the last printout.