New Release

The old version of our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Will

New Release

Post by Will » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:57 am

Hello Nick,

since the early start of Kith and Kin in the late 90th, i am a ethousiatic Dutch user of the programm, its stil a exceptian in genealogic program world. ( the "only" English version isnt a real problem )

But new programs are using the latest technology, more database/graphs/posibillity`s, and even the K&K "unic" grafic interface.

I often read in your answers the line "new relase"
Is there a new K&K version or major update comming soon ?
(for the future, micrsoft Vista capeble)
The taste of the "new Progamms "is sweet and K&K, still workin perfect, is getting a bit :D old :D like all of us. :(

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:11 am

We will be releasing a new version at some time; we don't know when yet.

We are always happy to receive suggestions from users for new features.

jayrae

Suggestions

Post by jayrae » Thu May 03, 2007 12:09 pm

For the next version:

Could there be an option to show whether someone is adopted/fostered.

When exporting GEDCOM files, could it also export the photo's as well, with the appropriate tags in the GEDCOM file.

donne

Post by donne » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:24 am

I've also been checking out other genealogy database software. I still find the KKPro graphic interface very useful, giving me an instant overview of family connections and, as yet unconnected families.

However, as my researches have progressed, I appreciate the need to to record sources more fully, and here other software offerings really score. Would it be possible for KKPro to have data entry windows which could be re-sized? I really hate having to view source reference comments through those little 'post-box' slots.

Regards: Roger Donne