Printing selective fields of a search

The old version of our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Richard Johnston

Printing selective fields of a search

Post by Richard Johnston » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:33 am

Hi Nick,

I figured out how to search and find all the people that were buried in a particular cemetery, but I'm having difficulty trying to print it as K&K wants to include every fiield, not just the ones I need (Name and burial location). How can I get K&K to exclude the unnessary fields.

Also, I needed to add the section #'s of the cemetery to the tail of the cemetery location address ...but it gets very long, could it be listed anywhere else to organize where in these large cemeteries the persons are located (an additional box following the burial location?..as an idea)

thanks

Richard

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:31 pm

Please include only the fields in the search query which you want included in the results. In this case only Name, Surname and Burial place are required. So click on the "Select none" button above the "Selected fields" list and then double-click on Name, Surname and Burial place. Add your Burial place to the "Criteria" as before.

The resulting SQL query should look something like:

SELECT People.'Surname', People.'Firstnames', People.'Burial place'
FROM People
WHERE ( UPPER(People.'Burial place') LIKE UPPER('%cemetery name%') )

Please use "Options | User fields | Person" if you wish to add a new field to hold the cemetery reference.